The primary purpose of the Transportation Careers Training Program (TCTP) is to prepare unemployed, underemployed, minorities, females, and other economically disadvantaged individuals for meaningful employment opportunities in the transportation industry. These opportunities may include employment on highway and bridge construction projects, in the commercial trucking or other sectors of the transportation industry.
The secondary purpose of this program is to assist construction contractors in meeting the requirements for minority and female participation on transportation related construction projects.
The program will include:
- Pre-employment Training
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Training – Permit Only
- Heavy Equipment Operator Training.
- Must reside in Fairfield County and provide proof of residency
- Must be unemployed /underemployed
- Must be an economically disadvantaged female or minority
- Must be willing to travel for training or employment
- Must have an interest in the highway construction industry
- Must be 18 or older with a valid driver’s license
- Must provide a 10-year driver’s record
- Must provide proof of a High School Diploma or GED
- Must successfully pass a pre-enrollment drug screening
For additional information, please contact Venus Sabb, Program Coordinator at 803.705.4631
or at firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is funded by the South Carolina Department of Transportation and the Federal Highway Administration, and administered by Benedict- Allen Community Development Corporation.