Genesis Energy Development LLC is a minority-owned firm specializing in the sale and installation of Solar-powered equipment for commercial and residential use. Mr. Kenneth Stevenson is a retired U.S Air force veteran and the owner, he founded the company in 2015 with a goal of increasing minority participation in the alternative energy industry.
Genesis Energy Development holds several certifications to include:
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs- Service Disabled Veterans-owned Business (SDVOB)
- State of South Carolina Office of the Governor Small and Minority Business Office- Minority-owned business
- S.C. Department of Transportation (SCDOT)- Disadvantage Business Enterprise (DBE)
- City of Columbia- minority-owned business
- Columbia Airport- Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
Mr. Stevenson is a former resident of Fairfield County. He retired after 27 years in the Military as a Flight Technician where he developed the concept for his business. Mr. Stevenson earned his Associates in Marketing and in Management while attending Midlands Technical College. He also obtained certificates in Alternative Energy Technology and in Entrepreneurship, he serves as a distributor for Sun Charge Systems, Wanco Solar Systems, and Solar Lighting International. Genesis Energy entered the Benedict College Business Development Center Incubation Program in 2017. He has received individual technical assistance from the program staff and marketing technical assistance through the Student Innovation HUB.
Genesis is working to expand its outreach to the network of HBCU’s in the Mid-Atlantic Region, to include North Carolina, Georgia, and Virginia.