Accounting and Finance Department
Columbia, SC 29204
Finance & Accounting Degrees
Our bachelor’s degrees in Finance and Accounting prepare business leaders to have careers in the national, state and local sectors of the global economy. To graduate, all students must present a business plan, research paper, or case study for graduation with an oral defense.
Develop Your Skills & Knowledge
- Analyze a wide range of economic factors that can lead to decision-making processes to better society.
- Become a leader in the development of programs in the transportation, housing and community sectors.
- Prepare to become a competitive accountant in a global economy.
- Harness your entrepreneurial spirit by using accounting tools for solving business problems, analyzing, daily activities and evaluating the financial health of a firm.
- Trained to pursue careers as accountants and leaders in the business environment.
Which degree should I get?
Wondering what you can do with your degree or which degree you should pursue? Compare common finance and accounting job options as well as course curriculum to see what interests you most. Plus, our business school professors are always here to help you make decisions about your major and your career trajectory.
Guide individuals and businesses as they spend money and work to gain profits as a financial analyst.
Median Salary: $83,660
- Principles of Finance
- Personal Finance
- Investment Management
- Real Estate: Principles & Practices
Build financial documents for individuals and companies as an accountant or a certified public accountant (CPA).
Median Salary: $73,560 per year
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Principles of Managerial Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- Internal Auditing
Hear how one student got a full-ride academic scholarship, why she switched majors from Accounting to Finance, and how she plans to become a financial analyst for celebrities.
Finance & Accounting at an HBCU
Become a prudent risk manager, develop a passion for life-long learning, and explore finance and accounting challenges that face minority communities and businesses. Experience academic challenges and a supportive culture at our HBCU in Columbia, SC.
Tyrone Adam Burroughs School of Business & Entrepreneurship
Our business school offers a range of classes and experiences so you can get the most out of your degree. Take our signature event, Business Week, for example. You’ll have the opportunity to interact with business leaders and pioneering thinkers in South Carolina. Explore real-world challenges, develop a network, and find your career path through our business school.
More Business Majors
Interested in becoming a professional business manager or savvy market leader? Check out our Business Administration Degree.
Wherever you are in the process, we’re here to help! Ready to apply? Get started today. Want more information? We’re happy to schedule a visit with you or send you more information.