- Providing academic transcripts
- Enrollment verifications
- Withdrawal from classes/college
- Requests for transient study (Academic course approval)
- Major changes
- Maintaining permanent records of students after they have enrolled
- Address changes (Form for students to submit their change of address)
- Evaluating graduation requirements
- Planning and coordinating of the graduation ceremony
Transcript Request: Process and Instructions
Transcripts will normally be processed within 5-7 business days. Please allow longer processing times during peak seasons (e.g. registration, the end of the term)
- $5.00 per copy for official and unofficial copies of transcripts will be processed within 5 to 7 business days
- $10.00 per copy for faxed/email copies of transcripts will be processed within 5 to 7 business days (Unofficial copy)
Note: Please allow 5 to 7 business days for all transcript requests submitted to be processed.
Note: Transcripts will not be released to persons who have an outstanding debt or unfulfilled obligation to the college. You may contact the Office of Student Accounts in reference to your account. (803) 705-4547.
Complete the transcript release and payment form.
- Transcript Release and Payment Form (REQUIRED – MUST be completed)
- International Student Transcript Release and Payment Form
Submit electronic payment for transcipt.
Status of Transcript Request
- Once your transcript is received, you will receive an automated email confirming your order. (Please provide your email address on the transcript release form) All requests are processed within 5 – 7 business days. Please allow 6-13 business days for receipt of the transcript via US Postal Service.
- The Office of the Registrar is not responsible for incorrect mail or email addresses provided to us in the original transcript request. If an incorrect address is provided to us and your transcript has been processed, an additional order will need to be submitted.
- Faxed/emailed transcripts may not be considered “official” dependent upon the institution requesting the transcript. Be sure to verify this before submitting the transcript request. If your request has been processed under these circumstances a new request will be needed.
For more information, contact the Office of the Registrar by phone: (803) 705-4787/4786.
The Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that protects the privacy of student education records in institutions that receive funding from the US Department of Education.
Once a student turns eighteen, or attends school beyond secondary school, the rights of access to the student’s records transfer to the student. All academic information regarding your college student goes directly to the student, unless the student has given specific, written permission to release that information to someone else.
In accordance with section 99.7 of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Benedict College has designated certain items as Directory Information. At Benedict College, these items are as follows:
- Dates of Attendance
- College or School
- Primary Program of Study
- Full-time or Part-time Status
- Degree(s) Awarded Including Dates
- University Email Address
- City, State, and Zip Code Associated with a Student’s Permanent address