Remote Access Assistance
If assistance is required with your research, please click on ASK A LIBRARIAN from the library’s webpage https://www.benedict.edu/library/
Complete the online request form, and click SUBMIT. In an effort to serve the entire student body, please allow the librarian a minimum of 24 hours to respond to your request.
Research databases can help you find information in peer-reviewed journals as well as newspapers, and government documents, and other sources. Search alphabetically by subject or select ALL PURPOSE which encompass ALL ACADEMIC DISCIPLINES.
To access the Benedict College Library webpage, go to: https://www.benedict.edu/library/
To access the library’s ELECTRONIC DATABASES, please adhere to following steps:
- Login in with your Benedict email address which is Username:
(Enter) First name. Last name last (and) last two digits of ID# (and) @my.benedict.edu
- EXAMPLE: Doe66@my.benedict.edu
- Type Password which is: Tigers with the last 4 digits of social security number.
- EXAMPLE: Tigers1234
- Press enter and resources will open.
For EBSCOhost databases only, you are required to do ONE ADDITIONAL STEP:
- Scroll down and Click “EBSCOhost Web”
The Benedict College Library provides access to more than 300,00 eBooks, which encompasses all academic disciplines. eBooks are available to students, faculty and staff 24/7, both on-campus and off-campus, from any computer, iPhone, laptop, iPad, or tablet with internet capability.
First access the library’s webpage: https://www.benedict.edu/library/
To access the library’s ELECTRONIC BOOKS (eBooks), please adhere to following steps:
- Go to Electronic Library
- Click on eBook Collections
- Select either ProQuest (or) EBSCO Academic Collection
- You will be asked: “With which institution are you affiliated?”
- Scroll to “Benedict College”
- On next screen, in first box you will need to type both First and Last name
- In second box, type your Student ID # (please see the number on your student ID card)
- Click “Submit”
You are now in the EBSCOhost eBook Collection.
The library, an intrinsic part of Benedict College, observes certain holidays. Inquiries as to holidays observed may be made by calling the library in advance at (803) 705-4301; (803) 705-4364 or by checking the posting of hours in the building’s lobby.