- Providing academic transcripts
- Enrollment verifications
- Withdrawal from classes/college
- Requests for transient study (Academic course approval)
- Major changes
- Maintaining permanent records of students after they have enrolled
- Address changes (Form for students to submit their change of address)
- Evaluating graduation requirements
- Planning and coordinating of the graduation ceremony
- Veteran Benefits
Transcript Request: Process and Instructions
Transcripts will normally be processed within 5-7 business days. Please allow longer processing times during peak seasons (e.g. registration, the end of the term)
- $5.00 per copy for official and unofficial copies of transcripts will be processed within 5 to 7 business days
- $10.00 per copy for faxed/email copies of transcripts will be processed within 5 to 7 business days (Unofficial copy)
Note: Please allow 5 to 7 business days for all transcript requests submitted to be processed.
Note: Transcripts will not be released to persons who have an outstanding debt or unfulfilled obligation to the college. You may contact the Office of Student Accounts in reference to your account. (803) 705-4547.
- Submit a written request that includes the following information:
- Full Name (include maiden name, if applicable)
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Contact Information (address, phone, email address, etc.)
- First and Last Terms of Enrollment/ Graduation Year
- Recipient Address to which your transcript is to be mailed, emailed or faxed
- Fees are accepted in the form of a money order, cashier’s check or personal check. If sending a personal check, your driver’s license number, expiration date and contact number are required.
- Mail your request to:
Office of the Registrar
1600 Harden St.
Columbia, SC 29204
- Download, print and complete the following forms: Transcript Release Form & Credit Card Authorization Form (PDF format for print)
- Take the form to the Office of Student Financial Services to secure the signatures. (located in the Starks Bldg)
- Pay the necessary fee(s) to the Cashier. (located in Pratt Hall)
- Return the form along with your receipt to the Office of the Registrar for processing. (located in Bacoats Hall)
Status of Transcript Request
- Once your transcript request has been processed, you will receive an automated email confirming your order. (Please provide your email address on the transcript release form) All requests are processed within 5 – 7 business days. Please allow 6-13 business days for receipt of the transcript via US Postal Service.
- The Office of the Registrar is not responsible for incorrect mail or email addresses provided to us in the original transcript request. If an incorrect address is provided to us and your transcript has been processed, an additional order will need to be submitted.
- Faxed/emailed transcripts may not be considered “official” dependent upon the institution requesting the transcript. Be sure to verify this before submitting the transcript request. If your request has been processed under these circumstances a new request will be needed.
For more information, contact the Office of the Registrar by phone: (803) 705-4787/4786.
Veteran and Eligible Dependents of Veterans
The Office of the Registrar and Student Records offers assistance to veteran and eligible dependents of veterans by providing information on college programs and applications for educational benefits. The office certifies enrollment, transmits attendance records, degree requirements and other information concerning enrolled veterans and eligible dependents of veterans at Benedict College to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
How to get VA Benefits Started:
- Complete the application (Form 22-1990 for veterans and Form 22-5490 for dependents of veterans) by visiting the Department of Veteran Affairs website at https://benefits.va.gov/gibill/. This information generates a Certificate of Eligibility.
- Submit your Certificate of Eligibility to the Office of the Registrar immediately once received from the VA and a copy of your DD214 (when applicable).
- A completed copy of your class schedule each semester with the “admit to class” stamp is needed for continued certification.
Please note: It can take 6 to 8 weeks for the Department of Veterans Affairs to process your application. Therefore, we suggest submitting your application (Form 22-1990 for veterans and Form 22-5490 for dependents of veterans) for benefits to the VA at least 8 weeks prior to enrollment.
As a veteran or eligible dependent of a veteran at Benedict College it is your responsibility to immediately notify the Office of the Registrar and Student Records of the following:
- Change in credit hours (add/drop courses)
- Withdrawal from the college
- Change of major or catalogue
- Change of personal information (ie. chapter, address or phone number)
For questions concerning benefit eligibility and payments please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs Regional Office directly at 1-800-827-1000.
Application for Graduation
Please download form and complete Section I. This form must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office (Bacoats Hall) for processing. Applications submitted after the deadline will be subjected to your diploma order NOT being processed by graduation.