Overview for Students
STAFF & FACULTY
What To Expect
As you return to classes and begin this “new normal”, we understand that many are concerned about safety as well as changes on campus that we have implemented. We want every student to be assured that we are taking your concerns and well-being seriously.
Our overall focus will be the continued reduction of the spread of COVID-19 to protect our staff, faculty and students, and that will mean that in all that we do the following will serve as our guiding principles and focus areas are:
- Prepare the Physical Campus
- Manage & Control Access Points
- Social Distancing is Top of Mind Always (TOMA)
- Reduce Touch Points
- Prepare the Workforce
- Communicate and reinforce the BEST of BC
According to the CDC and DHEC, in order to protect yourself and others, more frequent cleaning of high touch areas is important to reducing the spread of the coronavirus. To this end, we will:
- Learning Spaces/Classrooms. Students will be required to wear a face covering/mask on campus- walking outside, in the classroom/lab, cafeteria, bookstore, common areas of the Residence Halls, etc…any public and/or common area on campus.
- Learning Spaces/Classrooms Before entering the classroom students, each student will take a disinfectant wipe (available in the classroom) and wipe the desk and chair before they leave the room.
- Cafeteria and eating areas. While the Emergency Task Force continues to work on the details of the cafeteria and food court, please know that social distancing, navigation traffic flow signs and room capacity must be followed by all students using these areas on campus.
- The Ballroom and Game rooms in the DHS Campus Center will be re-purposed large gathering spaces to the extent possible.
Shared Responsibility. It will be almost impossible for custodial teams alone to perform these functions with the frequency and extent needed to combat the spread of the novel coronavirus. Each member of the BC Tiger Campus Community has a joint responsibility for sanitation in their own areas and shared areas (meetings, commonly spaces, etc…). Sanitation Stations will be available in each building to replenish wipes and provide disposable masks as needed.
The use of PPE’s, including face coverings, and good hygiene are critical elements to a successful re-opening plan. In compliance with the CDC and DHEC;
All BC students are required to wear face coverings at all times while in public spaces or shared spaces on campus (see CDC guidelines sections for face coverings and masks).
- Students will continue to be encouraged and instructed through constant messaging to wash hands for at least 20 seconds especially after returning from a public place, blowing nose or coughing or sneezing.
- “High touch” items will be removed to reduce touch points and reduce the spread of the coronavirus–magazines and reading materials in lobby areas, water stations, dry erasers and pens
- According to the CDC, do not share pens, pencils, sharpies, etc… in class our study groups
- Students must wear face coverings in common areas
- Residential Hall meetings will be virtual.
- Seating in Common Areas/Lounges re-configured per social distancing guidelines and room capacity signage will be visible and must be enforced.
- Visitation will not be allowed in the Fall.
- Midnight curfews for ALL Residential communities.
- If a student is found to violate these policies (curfews, face-coverings, and/ or other College/Departmental policies) there will be a mediation and/or judiciary process before being removed from campus housing and finishing the academic semester virtually/online.
- Residence Halls will have routine and random temperature monitoring procedures in place.
Monday, July 26, 2021
Residence Halls open for RAs 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Residence Hall open for Student Leaders and STAR students: 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, July 27, 2021
Residence Hall open for Band leaders, upperclassmen band, freshmen band, and cheerleaders. 1:00 p.m. -4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Residence Hall open for returning football players, international students, and other approved groups 1:00 p.m. -4:00 p.m.
Thursday, July 29, 2021
Residence Hall open for new and returning band members, volleyball, ROTC cadets, and other approved groups 1:00 p.m. -4:00 p.m.
Monday, August 2, 2021
Mather Hall opens for floors 2 and 4 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Mather Hall opens for floors 6 and 8 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Gambrell Hall opens for floors Basement and 2 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Gambrell Hall opens for floors 1 and 3 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 3, 2021
Mather Hall opens for floors 3 and 5 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Mather Hall opens for floors 7 and 9 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Jenkins Hall opens for floors Basement and 2 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Jenkins Hall opens for floors 1 and 3 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 4, 2021
Mather Hall opens for floor 10 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Mather Hall opens for floor 11 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Goodson Hall opens for floors Basement and 2 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Goodson Hall opens for floors 1 and 3 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, August 5, 2021
Oak Hall opens for floors 1, 3, and 5 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Oak Hall opens for floors 2 and 4 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Haskell Hall opens for floors 1 and 3 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Haskell Hall opens for floors 2 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Friday, August 6, 2021
Stuart Hall opens for floors 1 and 3 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Stuart Hall opens for floor 2 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Residential Houses opens from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Last Day for Residential Students On-campus
Tuesday, November 23, 2021, by 1:00 p.m.
News & Updates
Online Registration Tutorials
- Log in to Office 365 with by selecting webmail from the benedict.edu website or you can visit: https://portal.office.com
- Select Next at the More information required. Ignore the Use a different account link.
- Select the Set it up now link next to Authentication Phone, select your country or region, enter your preferred phone number, and verify the number via text or a phone call.
- Select the Set it up now link next to Security Questions, answer 3 security questions, and click the save answers
- When a green check mark shows on both options, select Finish.