Based on the current weather developments that report a weakening storm pattern, the café will serve dinner as scheduled today. However, because rain and wind are expected through the night, the 8 p.m. curfew will remain in effect.
The weather service reports this morning that Tropical Storm Florence is located 35 miles west of Myrtle Beach, producing winds of 50 mph & drifting Westward 2 mph. Florence will reach the central Midland tonight, weakening to a tropical depression, then move into the Upstate Sunday Afternoon.
What has changed?
- The wind field with Florence has broadened outward.
- Heaviest rain is now well north and east of the center of Florence.
- Florence will continue to weaken, moving over Richland County tonight.
- The threat of tornadoes, damaging winds, and flooding has greatly diminished.
Concerns for Richland County:
- Time Frame: Mainly today.
- Threats: Possible damaging winds, falling trees, some power outages, some flooding of low lying areas.
- Weekend Rain: 4-6 inches.
- Weekend Peak Wind: 45 mph