JOB TITLE: Vice President for Enrollment Management DIVISION: Enrollment Management
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: President and CEO DEPARTMENT: Enrollment Management
The Vice President for Enrollment Management reports directly to the President, serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet, represents the College’s position on the enrollment experience in meetings, and operates as a trusted advisor and advocate. Key to this position is the ability to create synergistic transition points throughout the entire enrollment process; development of strong connection points with the academic enterprise; building robust measurements for predicting the probability of student enrollment and identifying areas for improvement leading to better learning outcomes. The Vice President is responsible for monitoring all activities for the Division of Enrollment Management and works closely with institutional research, student accounts, marketing, and student housing as it relates to developing and implementing the college’s overall enrollment management plan. The Vice President is also responsible for the leadership, administration and management of Financial Aid and Scholarships, and Admissions and Recruitment.
- Acts as an advisor to the College President in matters pertaining to enrollment services and programs.
- Develop, manage, and support an effective, highly professional, and diverse leadership team dedicated to enrollment management in a holistic support of enrollment, promote professional development to ensure a well-trained and motivated staff.
- Provide strategic oversight and vision for the enrollment services functions ensuring to take advantage of tremendous opportunity to formalize processes and greatly improve efficiency across the campus, inclusive of students, their families, faculty, and academic leadership
- Serve as a voice and driver on college-wide reporting and compliance issues and work to foster greater communication and collaboration with other functional units including Registration and Student Accounts.
- Coordinate, lead and serve as the primary point of contact for other units across the institution on enrollment management related issues and goals.
- Develop recruitment and admission initiatives to ensure student access to and success at the college.
- Collaborate with other senior administrators in strategic planning across the institution.
- Collaborate with other college divisions to implement academic and student development goals, initiatives, standards, policies, and procedures, and to achieve undergraduate and continuing education enrollment goals.
- Develop and monitor department budgets within the division.
- Monitor and ensure that institutional financial aid resources, including scholarships, meet the needs of both new and continuing students.
- Conduct compliance related activities with admissions, financial aid, and other functions as necessary to ensure efficient and timely compliance with Title IV, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and other regulations.
- Generate data and interpret statistical reports for use by the college and other educational agencies.
- Facilitate communication and cooperation within and among the enrollment management division, departments, and other administrative academic units of the institution.
- Work collaboratively with College Relations to develop and implement a comprehensive marketing plan that supports achievement of enrollment goals.
- Other duties as assigned by the President.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must demonstrate a proven track record for building stable enrollment patterns for undergraduate and graduate academic programs.
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand external and internal factors affecting enrollment patterns
- The ability to cultivate and sustain positive relationships with staff, campus leaders, and peers, coupled with an unwavering passion for the mission of college.
- The ability to provide leadership and strategic oversight to departmental staff.
- Ability to represent the enrollment management perspective with college leadership to anticipate future potential challenges and facilitate success.
- Successful experience in higher education enrollment management including budgetary and personnel responsibilities, strategic planning, data collect and analysis and program development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current best practices in enrollment management/admission processes.
- Demonstrated senior leadership knowledge of excellent interpersonal, communication, management, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge and experience with the daily operations of enrollment management, financial aid, and retention.
- Knowledge and understanding of current and emerging technology related to recruitment, retention and financial aid.
- Knowledge and commitment to internationalization and related compliance requirements.
- Ability to strategically plan and serve as a catalyst for organizational change, cultivate a shared vision with others, and motivate others to transfer vision into action.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in educational leadership, or a closely related field and 7 years of progressive experience in academic leadership, specifically in registration and/or financial aid.
- Terminal degree is preferred.
- Strong and transparent leadership style, with the ability to motivate self and others. Ability to work collaboratively with other members of the President’s cabinet to develop and align planning, policies, budgets, and communications.
- Must have advised presidents and top administrators on best practices for recruitment, retention, financial aid, and enrollment management marketing.
- Understands the role of a small college providing high quality education and professional preparation to a diverse student population.
- Must have preferred ERP experience with Jenzabar and POISE
- Must have preferred CRM experience with SLATE Technolutions
- Must have preferred Financial Aid software experience with PowerFAIDS.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience creating and delivering presentations to small and large diverse groups.
To apply for this job please visit www.benedict.edu.