Basic Function: Responsible for the quality of living in a given residence hall. Supervise and assist Resident Advisors. Assist individual residents in personal, academic and social matters by providing advice and referrals to the appropriate sources. This Live-in position requires staff to work office hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., be accessible within the residence hall after office hours and on-call for 24 hours.
- Maintain daily maintenance, incident, and lockout reports for the assigned residence hall.
- Be accessible within the residence hall after office hours to address pertinent issues and emergency needs.
- Submit disciplinary reports timely and accurately following the residential policies and procedures.
- Process and report work orders timely and accurately.
- Counsel students and make referrals when appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with students, staff and parents.
- Monitor security surveillance equipment.
- Supervise Resident Advisors and Work Study students.
- Provide students, faculty, staff, parents the community with direction and interpretation of departmental and campus policies and procedures.
- Oversee all in-dorm activities.
- Perform weekly room inspections.
- Perform quality-control procedures.
- Work with Campus Police to ensure proper safety procedures in residence halls including the operation of fire drills and building evacuations.
- Train Resident Advisors and Work-study Students.
- Conduct monthly residential hall meetings.
- Responsible for controlling the assigned residence hall key system.
- Make or change room assignments in accordance with residential policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Student Affairs, Counseling or Student Personnel or at least 3 years of student services, residential life experience or a live-in residential capacity. Strong leadership, communication, computer skills, writing skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to manage simultaneous assignments, tasks and duties at once.
To apply for this job please visit www.benedict.edu.