DIVISION: Academic Affairs
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: Department Chair
DEPARTMENT: Biology, Chemistry, and Environmental Health Science
This position is responsible for the health and welfare of animals housed at Benedict College Animal Care Facility. This job provides technical assistance to various lab procedures and surgeries on small research animals. The Research Associate assists with quality assurance and quality control functions in support of the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee.
- Facilitate research/animal care lab management Lab inventory, records, protocols, compliance, animal lab – feeding and maintenance, regulatory compliance and quality assurance
- Participation in lab and IACUC meetings, contribute to research projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to work with undergraduate students and have good communication skills
- Ability to prepare and maintain laboratory records and reports
- Required to conduct business by adhering to compliance policies and procedures
- Fundamental working knowledge of concepts, procedure and practices in varied situations
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or related field and 1 year directly related work experience, or Associate Degree in animal science or veterinary technology and 1-2 years related animal care experience.
For further information, contact:
Dr. Samir Raychoudhury
Professor of Biology, IACUC Chair
Columbia, SC 29204
To apply for this job please visit www.benedict.edu.