DIVISION: Academic Affairs
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: Department Chair
Department: Computer Science, Physics and Engineering
The School of Science and Engineering is seeking candidates for part-time faculty in the field of Computer Science. This position will teach undergraduate courses in Computer Science and/or Computer Engineering as assigned by the Department Chair or Dean. In all matters, faculty are expected to maintain the highest standards of professional ethics consistent with the Benedict College Mission.
- Teaching responsibilities include, but are not limited to, Introduction to Programming, Algorithm Design with C and C++, Java Programming, Digital logic, Intro to computer security, Data Communication & Networking, Programming Languages, and Database Management, etc.
- Prepare course syllabi and teach assigned courses based on approved departmental syllabi.
- Prepare all exams and assessments needed for assigned course(s).
- Work collaboratively with departmental faculty to ensure standard curriculum outcomes are met.
- Be available outside of class to help students learn and to answer their questions (5 offices hours per week, in-person and/or virtual).
- Conduct respectful relationships with faculty, staff, and students both in and outside of the classroom.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to teach lower and upper-level Computer Science and/or Computer Engineering courses.
- Ability to effectively learn and use instructional technology, including our learning management system (Canvas).
- Willingness and flexibility to teach day, evening and weekend sections as needed.
- Ability to work collegially and productively within the college community.
- Ability to respond to the needs of learners from a variety of educational backgrounds in a multicultural environment.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or closely related field.
Qualified applicant should submit:
- Benedict College application
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial transcript(s)
- List of three references with contact information
Official transcripts and background check will be required before hiring.
Submit Application Packet to:
For further information, contact:
Dr. Fouzi Arammash, Chair
Computer Science, Physics and Engineering Department
Columbia, South Carolina 29204
Fouzi.Arammash @ Benedict.edu
To apply for this job please visit www.benedict.edu.