DIVISION: Academic Affairs
DEPARTMENT: Learning Resources Center (Library)
WORK SCHEDULE: 8:00 a.m. – I :00 p.m. (Monday- Friday), 1 :00 p.m. -5:00 p.m. (rotating Saturday); Approximately 29 hours per
SALARY: Hourly Rate
REPORTS TO: Library Director
Associates Degree or higher. •Previous library experience preferred, however, will consider strong public service background. •Basic knowledge of library software, ILM systems, and processes preferred • Knowledge of Library of Congress classification scheme desirable •Proficiency in using a computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office programs as well as a willingness to learn new technology. • Possess the ability to independently perform specialized duties. • Supervisory experience helpful.
Clear and effective oral and written communication. •Ability to establish and maintain collegial working relationship with library staff, students, faculty, and College personnel. •Good organizational skills. •Ability to multi-task office activities. •Ability to exercise sound judgement.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, move from one area to another on a regular basis.
- Ability to push book carts and lift up to 20 pounds, if needed.
- Checks out books and course reserves.
- Operates the print management system, scanners, microfiche/film readers, photocopiers, and other library equipment
- Provides basic reference services by developing familiarity with all library databases, online indexes, and ready reference resources.
- Assists students in finding library resources using the library’s webpage and online catalog.
- Assists students with Microsoft software
- Assists with stacks management.
- Participates in library orientation.
- Supervises work study students.
- Answers telephone.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Qualified applicants should submit a Benedict College Application for Employment, resume, official transcripts, and three letters of reference to:
Office of Human Resources
Attention: Leaming Resources Center (Library)
1600 Harden Street
Columbia, SC 29204
Position is open until filled.
No Phone Calls Please.
NOTE: A criminal background check will be required on the candidate.
To apply for this job please visit www.benedict.edu.