Head Softball Coach
Work Schedule: M-F: 8:30am-5:00pm (work includes weekends and holidays, and other duties assigned by the Senior Woman’s Administrator/Athletics Director
Organize and coordinate all team functions, including practices, competitive schedules, travel, and fundraising. Recruit, supervise and evaluate assistant softball coaches. Successfully recruit student athletes for softball. Manage and document student athletes’ academic and athletic progress.
The softball coach is responsible for oversight of the softball program and administering the sport in a manner that is consistent with the policies and procedures of the college, NCAA and the SIAC. The ideal candidate will have an appropriate combination of education, training, and experience working with students. The successful candidate will have the knowledge, skills and judgment needed to build and maintain positive and productive relationships with athletes, parents, faculty, staff, administrators, coaches and community members. The coach will report directly to the Senior Woman’s Administrator and the Athletic Director.
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of the women’s softball program.
- Organize and coordinate all team functions, including practices, competitive schedules, travel, and fundraising.
- Recruit, supervise and evaluate assistant softball coaches.
- Successfully recruit student athletes for softball.
- Manage and document student athletes’ academic and athletic progress.
- Provide advising support functions, including following up on academic at-risk reports.
- Develop conditioning and practice programs to ensure student athletes are appropriately prepared and adhere to all safety protocols and directives from training staff and other medical providers.
- Create and maintain a safe, inclusive, productive and effective team environment on and off the playing field.
- Cultivate a positive team-oriented culture with an expectation of accountability.
- Motivate student athletes to peak performance on the field and in the classroom.
- Coordinate community and campus outreach efforts for softball.
- Manage the operating budget for softball program.
- Oversee some softball facility events and management.
- Commitment to student-centered athletics.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the student athlete and his/her family and be accessible for instruction regarding athletic, academic and personal issues.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Reports to: Senior Woman Administrator/ Athletic Director
Required: A Bachelor’s degree and coaching experience at the college or high school level is required. Must be able to lift/carry more than 20 pounds.
Preferred: A Master’s degree is preferred.
Additional Requirements: Must have a valid current driver license. Also, must meet the college’s driving requirements, background check may be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Critical Thinking & Judgement – able to make well-reasoned, sensible, and timely decisions based on careful, objective review and informed analysis of available information, considerations, and other factors.
- Customer Service – ability to respond promptly and courteously to all questions from athletes and staff, demonstrating patience and persistence when helping students .
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
- Leadership – high energy, driven, hands-on leader. Possess expertise in selecting, training, developing, coaching, mentoring, and retaining a highly motivated workforce.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Problem Solving – proven skills in identifying issues, determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and following through with implementing resolutions.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Results Orientation – proven ability to set and exceed established targets.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
To apply for this job please visit www.benedict.edu.