Department Schedule: Office of the Associate Vice President for Research
Work Schedule: 8:30am-5:00pm
Summary of Responsibilities: Reports to the Associate Vice President for Research.
Responsibilities to include:
- Assist in identifying grant opportunities from governmental, nongovernmental, foundations and other private organizations for the Office of Research.
- Disseminate funding opportunities and sources to faculty thru the Associate VP for Research
- Work with faculty in development of proposal budgets in compliance with funding agencies and Benedict College guidelines.
- Work with faculty in proposal submission, grant accounting/compliance and timely reporting.
- Excellent knowledge of spreadsheet, word document and grants accounting.
- Provide administrative support as needed to the Associate Vice President for Research
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent work habit
- Other related duties as required by the Associate Vice President.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Bachelor Degree is required, but Master’s degree is preferred. Applicants should have good knowledge of grant management grants accounting, compliance and reporting and working with federal, state and non-governmental funding agencies. The Required skills to include word processing, electronic and paper file management, spreadsheet familiarity (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher), organizational skills and excellent communications and interpersonal skills. The grants administrator should also have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse faculty, staff, and students. A minimum of Bachelor’s degree preferred with minimum two years of related work experience.
To apply for this job please visit www.benedict.edu.