RESPONSIBILITIES: The Dean is the academic leader of the school and is responsible for spearheading the implementation of the teaching, research, and service mission of the school in accordance with the Strategic Plan. The Dean is expected to play a pivotal role in seeking external support for the school’s programs in research and education, while providing leadership for the pursuit of national accreditations and excellent placements for graduates.
The Dean supervises department chairs, coordinates faculty hires, facilitates positioning of programs for effectiveness and efficiency, coordinates efforts for retention of students, leads efforts for graduate placement and assessment, and directs special initiatives in support of the programs in the school. The Dean reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and serves as a member of the Vice President’s academic leadership team. Major responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and guide the development, implementation, and evaluation of short-range and long-range plans for the school, ensuring the compatibility of these plans with the mission and objectives of the college;
- Identify emerging academic issues in curriculum and faculty performance and development to enhance student learning outcomes and placements through creative, relevant, and student-centered efforts;
- Foster the expansion of faculty research and related activities within the school, providing faculty with opportunities for advancement and promoting an intellectual, innovative, and cooperative atmosphere conducive to the professional growth of faculty;
- Implement and oversee school and departmental budgets in accordance with established college standards and guidelines and ensure budget goals are met on an annual basis;
- Develop and maintain strong external relationships with academic, business, nonprofit, and governmental entities to promote collaborations that can lead to securing sources of funding for the school as well as internships and job opportunities for students and graduates;
- Ensure that school programs are compliant with administrative policies and procedures and that the school adheres to all accreditation standards;
- Participate in shared governance by serving as a member on committees called by the Administration, and on other College committees, councils, and campus organizations;
- Foster an institutional attitude and develop a team concept for college unity through communicating with the other schools in the college to exchange and share ideas, information and resources.
- An earned doctoral degree in a discipline of the school
- Earned rank of Associate Professor with at least five years higher education administrative experience
- Demonstrated success in enhancing student learning outcomes and management of faculty to do the same
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse constituencies
- Knowledge of and experience with specialized program accreditation requirements and procedures
THE PROCESS OF CANDIDACY
Candidates are asked to submit electronically to: BenedictDeanCASS@agbsearch.com in MS Word or Adobe PDF: (1) a letter of interest that directly addresses the leadership opportunities outlined in the profile above, (2) a curriculum vitae, and (3) the names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of five references. References will not be contacted without first securing the permission of the candidate. To receive full consideration, materials should be received on or before January 13, 2023.
Nominations and expressions of interest may be submitted electronically to Kim Bobby or Ellen Meyer.
Kim R. Bobby, Ed.D. Ellen L. Meyer
Principal, AGB Search Executive Search Consultant
Senior Advisor AGB Search
Justice, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (404) 808-2903
(253) 861-7738 email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.benedict.edu.