JOB TITLE: Cybersecurity Technical Project Coordinator DIVISION: Academic Affairs
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: Department Chair/Center Director DEPARTMENT: CJASS
Works individually on select cyber technical tasks, small projects, or assists the Director by handling critical, detail-oriented, analytical-focused, time intensive cybersecurity projects. Monitors and manages assigned Center activities, including design, development, testing, integration, implementation, and sustainment a penetration testing environment. As a newly created position, the Cybersecurity Technical Project Coordinator will oversee technology and industry initiatives that support teaching, learning, and cybersecurity skill development of both students and the community. In addition, the Technical Project Coordinator role will oversee and manage Center-wide technical/digital tools/hardware/infrastructure/support to empower student engagement via various cybersecurity initiatives.
- Provide management and implementation support of the Cybersecurity Labs, including, but not limited to:
- Daily operations of the labs.
- Development and delivery of cybersecurity workshops and training.
- Management of team-based projects.
- Arrangement of external resources for student engagement.
- Maintains project’s schedule.
- Collects and report status updates for tasks.
- Facilitate team session to identify risks and document and track issues.
- Manages the coordination of the stakeholders and the working groups.
- Ensures integrity of project’s scope is maintained.
- Monitors and evaluates contract deliverables.
- Communicates with team/students to delegate task and provide status of project activities milestones.
- Understand NIST and related Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes.
- Assist with other duties and projects as assigned by the Dean.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage time, and meet proposed goals.
- Maintain up-to-date systems, safeguards, and best practices for learning internet safety and privacy (Cyber Security), from network solutions to end-user settings
- Familiarity with issues and trends related to cybersecurity and risk management
- Strong analytic, research, and problem-solving skills with the ability to use Linux and other noted operating system.
- Ability to effectively communicate and exchange information.
- Strong management skills and ability to lead individuals and teams in a flexible, dynamic, rapidly evolving environment.
- Strong strategic thinking, initiative, motivation, flexibility, and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and be flexible to switch tasks as priorities change and follow-up with minimal direction.
- Ability to manage administrative tasks without losing sight of long-term goals and planning.
- Knowledgeable with Internet research and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to maintain a high standard of confidentiality, discretion, and judgement.
- Comfortable initiating projects with college leaders and external partners.
- Experience working with data for informed decision-making.
- Ability to multi-task and keep on task and follow through on assignments to their successful completion.
- Professional presentation and demeanor are always required. Working evenings and weekends required on an as-needed basis.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or a related area
- At least three years of post-baccalaureate work experience
- Moderate proficiency with Linux and other noted Operating Systems, Penetration. Testing Tools (Kali), Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience working within a technology Security Environment.
- Experience building or facilitating partnership programs, and contract management.
- Must possess a commitment to the mission and vision of the College and the Benedict College Center for Cybersecurity.
To apply for this job please visit www.benedict.edu.