The Commercial Plumber will be responsible for supporting the engineering and fabrication process as well as installing, repairing and maintaining pipes, fixtures and other plumbing used for water softening and filtration in residential and commercial sites throughout the Benedict College properties.
Inspect, maintain, install and repair water filtration system equipment, including storage tank, hydro pneumatic tank, water pumps and small air compressors. Make recommendations on required tools and correct equipment needed for all projects. Plan, install and service plumbing systems, fixtures, piping equipment and controls. Perform preventative maintenance and respond to emergency repairs.
The following duties are intended to illustrate examples of duties typically performed by incumbents in this classification. Individual incumbents may not perform all of the duties listed, nor are all of the duties an incumbent will perform necessarily listed.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and design ability of related plumbing systems, water supply networks and drainage systems
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety
- Working knowledge of all hand and power tools
- Perform preventive maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed or requested by customers
- Prepare for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and coordinating on-site work as necessary
- Work in cooperation with other trades and laborers to ensure that all specifications, legislation and policies are met, and to ensure efficient completion of any project
- Interact with customers and documents work by completing paperwork on each job and maintaining files
- Keep current all manufacturers products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required
- Must be able to be on a rotating emergency/on call program.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills. Word, Excel, Power Point
- Ensure all standards of building codes and safety are met
- Valid SC driver’s license.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicants for the Commercial Plumber position are expected to possess a certificate of completion of a recognized apprenticeship, accredited trade school, or the equivalent amount of experience and training comparable to journey level crafts status as a Commercial Plumber.
- Must be certified Commercial Plumber from an accredited organization in the US or at least a 4th year level apprentice.
- 4 years’ experience or more in Commercial Plumbing
To apply for this job please visit www.benedict.edu.