Summary of Responsibility:
Performs the duties of a campus police officer for Benedict College by enforcing State criminal and traffic laws, policies, rules and regulations of the College. Protects persons and property while enforcing the rules and regulations of Benedict College.
- Patrols the College Campus to protect and secure person(s) or property while deterring crime and detecting violations of the law, to include but not limited to traffic control duties, investigating criminal violations or securing crime scenes.
- Respond to all calls for service to include but not limited to complaints, accidents, disturbances, medical emergencies while taking appropriate action as needed in such cases and completing all necessary reports.
- Promote and actively participates in community policing, securing buildings on campus, responding to medical calls and building alarms.
- Demonstrate a caring professional image for students, parents and the general public and practice effective communication.
- Make presentations to student organizations, faculty and staff.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
Must be 21 years of age, high school graduate, (Associates Degree preferred), no criminal history. Must possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license with no history of DUI within the last 5 years. Must be able to pass the requirements of the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy Basic Law Enforcement certification.
Commensurate with experience and/or education.
To apply for this job please visit www.benedict.edu.