Under direct supervision of the Captain of Operations, assist police officers in maintaining a safe and secure campus environment by dispatching officers on calls as needed and providing prompt, courteous, and professional telephone responses to all incoming calls.
- Dispatch via radio to campus police officers in response to requested services.
- Obtain complete and accurate information when relaying calls to campus police officers to enhance officer’s safety and effectiveness.
- Receive and route telephone calls, answer questions, and provide needed assistance to individual callers on a call by call basis.
- Maintain a log of events and calls during the assigned shift of duty.
- Must be able to comprehend and grasp methods of gathering information by use of NCIC record check procedures.
- Demonstrate a caring professional image for students, parents, and the general public at large while maintaining a presence as the first contact at the College’s main entrance.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- Must have a high school diploma with 2 years’ experience working with the general public and at least 2 years’ experience working in a security operations or law enforcement dispatch center.
- Must be able to multi-task between answering a multi-phone line, police radio, and individuals coming through the front gate of the college.
- No criminal record and must have or able to obtain within 6 months of hire NCIC 40-hour certification.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com