JOB TITLE: PROGRAM DIRECTOR DIVISION: BUSINESS
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: CHIEF OF STAFF DEPARTMENT: BUSINESS
BASIC FUNCTIONS: The Benedict College WBC Director will manage and oversee all programmatic operations, for the BC Women Business Enterprise Center (BC WBC). The Director is the highest-ranking manager in the organization and will be responsible for the overall success of the Center. The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader able to steer the project to the most impactful direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long-term goals.
The WBC Director will receive, review, and approve applications and assign ranking of Tiers (I, II, or III). The application will collect statistical and demographic data. The business assessment will determine business strength, entrepreneurial skill level, and assign case managers. The director will review performance quarterly to ensure clients are on track for success. The director ensures WBC is open to the public a minimum of 40 hours a week. The director manages staff and is responsible for SBA reporting and compliance.
- Directs outreach efforts
- Transmits compliance reports to SBA within time guidelines.
- Develops and executes WBC’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of the board and stakeholders and provide strategic advice to the board and Chairperson so that they will have an accurate view of the BC WBC’s future.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the WBC as well as overseeing its staff, outreach efforts, volunteers, compliance reporting, and all financial aspects and communications with the SBA.
- Submits monthly and quarterly reports, assist staff with developing marketing strategies to promote programs and activities, Develop and implement goals to achieve successful outcomes, supervise program staff, oversee weekly WBC meetings, act as a liaison between agency and funding entities, the College, and communication with consultants to ensure that program goals are being met, approve Consultant Agreements and MOUs.
- Communicates with stakeholders such as Council offices and the community at large to promote and gain support of programs.
- Supervises the business development staff and volunteers. Provides technical assistance to participants, works with women business owners to assist with developing their business, finding funding, access to capital, coordinates staff’s schedule.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A very strong background in management, economic and business development, and SBA programs will also be essential.
- Strong community networking and women’s enterprise/business focused programs is a plus.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.benedict.edu.