Under the general direction of the Chief Information Officer (CIO), with primary responsibility in supporting the College’s ERP system (Jenzabar). The assistant CIO will work with various departments in providing IT support and assistance with the ERP application and other administrative applications. Examples of departments includes Admission, Financial Aid, Registrar’s office, and Finance. The assistant CIO will work with the ERP vendors and collaborate with others application vendors to ensure that any API being implemented or any integrations between disparate systems are working properly and documented. One of the roles of this position is to assist the CIO in identifying cost-effective, opportunities for improvements in the college’s business processes. The assistant CIO is responsible for keeping the CIO abreast of updates and ensuring that the administrative systems policies procedures are documented and maintained on a regular basis.
Primary Job functions
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Improve systems by studying current practices, designing modifications.
- Recommend controls by identifying problems, writing improved procedures.
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
Education and/or Experience
BS/BA in computer science, business administration, or related major and 5 years of related experience.
Minimum 2 years of experience with SQL programming and some familiarity with at least one programming language or scripting language.
Working familiarity with data warehousing and business intelligence concepts, tools & techniques.
At least two years working with ERP Higher Education Applications such as Jenzabar, Banner, etc. Other systems may also be considered.
To apply for this job please visit www.benedict.edu.