Dear BC Tigers,
Benedict College continues to actively monitor the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). While there have been no cases at Benedict College, there are 28 confirmed cases in the State of South Carolina. This afternoon, the Governor of South Carolina issued an order closing all public K-12 schools, colleges, universities and technical colleges. Clearly, the risk to the Benedict College Community is equal to that of our public peers.
Therefore, please be advised that
BENEDICT COLLEGE WILL BE CLOSING on WEDNESDAY MARCH 18 until APRIL 3, 2020. THIS DATE MAY BE EXTENDED BASED UPON INFORMATION FROM FEDERAL AND STATE OFFICIALS.
- The College will move to a combination of Online and Virtual Course Instruction beginning on March 23, 2020, through at least April 3.
- If state and federal officials deem that colleges and universities are able to reopen on or after April 3, and BC students elect not to, or are not able to return for the remainder of the semester contact Mr. James Winfield, in Academic Affairs firstname.lastname@example.org, 803-705-4945 to notify him of your decision.
Residence Halls & Dining:
- Please notify your residential life staff member of your plans to vacate your room by 12 noon on tomorrow, Monday, March 16.
- If you require emergency travel assistance, please contact email@example.com (803)705-4390 by 12 noon tomorrow Monday, March 16.
- Before departing your residence hall, remove any perishable items and/or medication from your dorm rooms.
- While your belongings may remain in your rooms for the duration of the semester, you must return to check out of the residence halls on or before the end of the regular semester the first week of May, 2020. Please continue to check the BC website for notifications on when campus will reopen.
- Students must go through the normal check out procedures and return all textbooks now or in May.
- Dining will be suspended beginning at the end of the dinner serving on Wednesday, March 18.
Keep in mind that the timeframes and protocols outlined above are subject to change due to the rapidly changing information
Dr. Roslyn C. Artis
President and CEO