The Computer Research Center (CRC) is adjacent to the information service desk, on the main (plaza) level of the library. It provides students with access to 25 computers, including laptops, in which to access the library’s electronic resources through the Benedict College network and the internet. Students have access to the online catalog and databases, eBooks, electronic journals, online newspapers, and streaming videos. Selected computers outside of the Computer Research Center are designated for typing purposes.
- The Computer Research Center (CRC) is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Library users may NOT carry food or drinks into the Computer Research Center.
- Library users may access computers using their my.Benedict.edu email and their four-digit Tigers password.
- Library users are asked to LIMIT USAGE TO 30 MINUTES when using computers in the Computer Research Center; remember that the Internet, like all of the Library’s information sources must be shared.
- Research papers should be typed from selected computers that are stationed outside of the Computer Research Center. Students may occupy these computers for two hours or longer, if not in demand.
- Printing is limited to class assignments and research.
- Please see a staff member if you have any difficulties.
- Printed copies are released by library staff from the library’s information service desk and retrieved at the photocopier.
- Computers should be used for educational purposes only, and not for unauthorized, illegalor unethical purposes; students are asked to refrain from social media sites.
- Users may not send, receive or display text or graphics, which may be offensive in a public setting.
- Software or other computer programs MAY NOT be downloaded from the Internet to computer hard drives.
- DO NOT change the wallpaper/screensaver or computer settings.
- Library computers WILL NOT be used for commercial/business enterprise, or engaging in commercial activity such as the distribution of advertising.
- Intermittently, the Computer Research Center is reserved for class use.