Writing Lab & Support
The Student Success Center
The Writing Lab provides inperson and online individualized support and coaching for students who are looking to enhance their writing in any phase of their writing process. A trained specialist will offer recommendations on grammar, syntax, and structure of academic papers for English and other courses.
Contact: Catherine Smalls, Writing Specialist
*Support can also be provided via the Writing Lab feature in your Edvance 360 account.
BC Students have free access to a Grammarly Premium account. It is highly recommended that students use this great resource to edit and refine paper and writing projects. Use the directions below to set-up an account.
Create Your Account:
- Go to grammarly.com/edu, click on the Links tool on the left toolbar. Click the Grammarly link in the dropdown.
- On the Grammarly Site: Click “Join Your Organization” at the top right corner.
- Provide your name, @my.benedict.edu email (@benedict.edu for staff and faculty) and set up a password.
- Check your inbox for the email and click on the activation link.
If you already have a free Grammarly account associated with your institutional email:
- Log out of your individual account https://auth.grammarly.com/logout_redirect.
- Go to https://www.grammarly.com/edu/signin and log in to your account again.
- Check your email (Inbox and spam folder) for a confirmation email and click the link inside. It will redirect you to the right page for the next step.
Download the Apps
To make sure you get the most out of Grammarly, we have some additional helpful features for Microsoft Word, Internet browsers, emails, and the desktop! You can install all components at https://app.grammarly.com/apps.
You can find all Grammarly products listed at https://support.grammarly.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000090851-The-products-Grammarly-offers