Wednesday, September 12, 2018 – 5:00 p.m. (EST)
The following are the updates and notifications for Benedict College students, faculty and staff as of 5:00 p.m. (EST):
Benedict College classes and operations remain suspended until further notice. Continue to check for BC updates on the website, benedict.edu, campus email and the BC Hotline #: 803-705-4956
Due to the southward shift of Hurricane Florence, there will be an 8 p.m. curfew implemented beginning tomorrow for anyone on campus.
- The Benedict College Preparedness Team WILL also secure offices and computers, especially those offices located near windows.
- Reminder to sign out with your respective CLC before departing campus today. Please ensure that all of your emergency contact information, including your cell number, is updated before departing campus.
- Students who live in campus housing and are not able to evacuate, please contact your CLC ASAP.
- All Benedict students must contact your parents/guardians and notify them of your plans.
The BC Preparedness Team will provide an update following the 4 p.m. (EST) team meeting.
Other Important Updates:
Dining Halls: Although classes will be canceled, essential services like dining and the student health center remain open. The Dining Hall schedule will follow the weekend schedule. Due to the storm’s path these times may change.
- Breakfast 7 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- Lunch 11 noon – 1 p.m.
- Dinner 4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Brunch 10 a.m. – 1: 30 p.m.
- Dinner 4 p.m. – 5: 30 p.m.
Please know that we are dedicating all available resources to student safety and welfare. Over the past several days, we have been in constant communication with city, county and state officials and putting appropriate plans into place.
We encourage all faculty, staff, and students to follow local and national weather forecasts and emergency agencies for real-time weather updates and information on emergency kits and other critical weather information.