Guidelines for International Students Seeking Admission to Benedict College
When reviewing an international application for admission, the OIP Admissions Committee seeks to build a global community of students to further enrich the diversity of the student population at Benedict College. The Committee looks for students who are academically curious, excited to be in the classroom and willing to fully immerse themselves in our community of scholars. While our academic reputation continues to rise year after year, we seek well-rounded students who will bring their talents and interests to our campus. Benedict students are the leaders of tomorrow, shaping their futures on our campus today as they prepare for a lifetime of possibilities.
Application Review and Selection Process
The OIP believes that selecting talented students requires a very careful, individual overall assessment of each student’s application materials, academic preparation and performance. Additionally, consideration for admission is based on the primary and secondary factors listed below. Although stronger consideration in the decision is given to the primary factors, all factors are taken into account in the review process.
1. Grade point average (GPA)
2. ACT or SAT scores
3. Coursework throughout high school graduation
4. Class rank (if available)
Individual circumstances such as the ones listed below are also considered as part of the overall assessment of each application and may factor into individual decisions.
1. Strong commitment to community service and leadership
2. Outstanding talent, achievement, or aptitude in a particular area
3. Contribution to the cultural, gender, age, economic, racial or geographic diversity of the student body
4. Evidence of having overcome social, economic, or physical barriers to achieve educational achievement
5. Significant responsibility in a family, community, job or activity
We invite you to explore the admission process in-depth using the “Admission Procedures” links to the left before making your application to Benedict College. Best of luck to you in the admissions process.
Other links of interest: Need guidance from a representative in your own country on applying to Benedict College? Education-USA can help! Education-USA has more than 400 advising centers around the world that are supported by the U.S. Department of State. Contact an adviser near you: http://www.educationusa.info/for_international_students.php