Head Coach Stanley Conner
Coach Conner is entering his third season as Head Football Coach at Benedict. Under his direction, the Tiger offense has improved its running game finishing among the top 3 schools in the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conferences rushing category.
Prior to accepting the reins at Benedict, Conner completed 11 seasons with the Alabama A&M Bulldogs. During his tenure at A&M he coached the secondary and running backs, and served as assistant head coach. Conner made his first trip to Alabama in 1994. He spent three seasons with the Bulldogs before heading to Lanett High School as the head coach. In 1998, he returned to Alabama A&M as the assistant head coach. In 2002 he helped lead the team to an overall record of 7-4, from 2003-2006 the overall team record was 24-9. Conner led the Bulldogs in 2000, 2004, 2005, and 2006 to four Southwestern Athletic Conference Eastern Divisional Championships (SWAC). During the year 2006, this marked the bulldogs' first SWAC championship with a 22-13 victory over the University of Arkansas-Pine Bluff in Championship Game VIII.
Conner played for Jackson State, where he was a four year letterman from 1980-1983. During his stay, the Tigers won three SWAC Championships and advanced to the NCAA Division I-AA playoffs in 1981 and 1982.
After completing his college playing career in 1983, he joined the New Orleans Breakers of the USFL in 1984. After a brief stay in New Orleans, Conner moved on to join the Ottawa Rough Riders of the CFL.
In 1986, Conner began his coaching career at Alabama A&M as the wide receivers coach. After three seasons, he returned to Theodore High School in 1990 as the running backs and quarterbacks coach. After one season, in 1991 he took the head coach position at Mobile's LeFlore High School where he was later named the 1993 Mobile County 6-A Coach of the Year.
The Mobile, Alabama native and his wife Tonya are the proud parents of two daughters, Shelandra and Shequita.
- 2006 South Western Atlantic Conference (SWAC) Champions
- 2006 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
- 2006 9 win season
- 2005 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
- 2005, 9 win season, Most in Alabama A&M history
- 2004 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
- 2003 Recruited and coached single season rushing record holder in Alabama A&M history
- 2003 8 win season at Alabama A&M
- 2002 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
- 2002 8 win season at Alabama A&M
- 2000 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
- 1997 Valley Times News, Coach of the Year
- 1996 Coaches single season rushing record holder