BC TIGER PREP SUMMER ORIENTATION
April 15, 2015
Dear Prospective Student:
In just a few months, you will take the next step towards becoming a student at Benedict College where you will “Enter with pride and exit with power.” On behalf of Dr. David H. Swinton, President, the Board of Trustees, faculty, staff and students, we look forward to helping you prepare for an opportunity that will last a life time. We will assist you with your transition from high school to Benedict College. The Office of Admissions and Student Marketing will host its annual BC Tiger Prep Summer Orientations for 2015. The Orientations are designed to help you and your parents/guardians with the completion of most steps to finalize your Fall 2015 registration.
We will provide you with an understanding of the College’s academic structure and assist you with finalizing your financial aid paperwork. Sessions will include money management, scholarship opportunities, student organizations and campus life at Benedict College. Your participation in this process is very important for several reasons:
- Admissions staff will meet with you individually regarding documents needed to complete your admissions file
- Financial Aid staff will assist you and your parents/guardians with completing your FAFSA, Entrance Counseling, Master Promissory Note and PLUS forms
- Student Financial Services personnel will share information on tuition, room, board and fees for 2015-2016
- Community Life (Housing) personnel will brief you on rules and regulations for housing
- Academic Affairs and the Freshman Institute personnel will discuss the fall schedule and other pertinent information to help you successfully transition to college and
- Campus Police personnel will discuss safety tips.
Please register for one of the dates listed below:
Saturday, June 13, 2015 starting at 8:00 a.m.
Saturday, June 27, 2015 starting at 8:00 a.m.
Saturday, July 11, 2015 starting at 8:00 a.m.
Click here to Register for a BC Tiger Prep Summer Orientation (CLOSED)
We look forward to seeing you at one of the Summer Orientations and in August 2015. Please call 803-705-4910 or email me at Thompsop@Benedict.edu if you have any questions. You are reminded to complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online for the fall semester and list Benedict College’s code (003420).
Phyllis L. Thompson
Asst. VP for Admissions and Student Marketing