BC TIGER PREP SUMMER INSTITUTE
March 22, 2013
Dear Prospective Student:
In just a few months, you will take the next step towards becoming a student at Benedict College where you will enter with pride and exit with power. On behalf of Dr. David H. Swinton, President, the Board of Trustees, faculty, staff and students, we look forward to helping you prepare for an opportunity that will last a life time. We will assist you with your transition from high school to College.
During the summer of 2013 the Office of Admissions and Student Marketing will host its 6th annual BC Tiger Prep Summer Institutes. The Institutes are designed to help you and your parents/guardians with the completion of most steps to finalizing your Fall 2013 registration. We will provide you with an understanding of the College’s academic structure and assist you with finalizing your financial aid paperwork. Sessions will include money management, scholarship opportunities, student organizations and campus life at Benedict College. Your participation in this process is very important for several reasons:
- Admissions staff will meet with you individually regarding documents needed to complete your admissions file.
- Financial Aid staff will assist you and your parents/guardians with completing your FAFSA, Entrance Counseling, Master Promissory Note and PLUS forms.
- Student Financial Services personnel will share information on tuition, room, board and fees for 2013-2014.
- Community Life (Housing) personnel will brief you on rules and regulations for housing
- Academic Affairs and the Freshman Institute personnel will discuss the fall schedule and other pertinent information to help you successfully transition to college.
- Campus Police personnel will discuss safety tips.
Please register for one of the dates listed below:
Saturday, June 8, 2013 starting at 8:00 a.m. – Registration Deadline May 31, 2013 Saturday, June 22, 2013 starting at 8:00 a.m. – Registration Deadline June 14, 2013 Saturday, July 13, 2013 starting at 8:00 a.m. – Registration Deadline July 5, 2013
We look forward to seeing you at one of the Summer Institutes and in August 2013. Please call 803-705-4910 or email me at Thompsop@Benedict.edu if you have any questions. You are reminded to complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online for the fall semester and list Benedict College’s code (003420).
- Click here to Register for BC Tiger Prep Summer Institute (N/A)
Phyllis L. Thompson
Director of Admissions and Student Marketing