BC TIGER PREP SUMMER ORIENTATION
April 14, 2014
Dear Prospective Student:
In just a few months, you will take the next step towards becoming a student at Benedict College where you will “Enter with pride and exit with power.” On behalf of Dr. David H. Swinton, President, the Board of Trustees, faculty, staff and students, we look forward to helping you prepare for an opportunity that will last a life time. We will assist you with your transition from high school to Benedict College. During the summer of 2014 the Office of Admissions and Student Marketing will host its annual BC Tiger Prep Summer Orientations. The Orientations are designed to help you and your parents/guardians with the completion of most steps to finalize your Fall 2014 registration.
We will provide you with an understanding of the College’s academic structure and assist you with finalizing your financial aid paperwork. Sessions will include money management, scholarship opportunities, student organizations and campus life at Benedict College. Your participation in this process is very important for several reasons:
- Admissions staff will meet with you individually regarding documents needed to complete your admissions file.
- Financial Aid staff will assist you and your parents/guardians with completing your FAFSA, Entrance Counseling, Master Promissory Note and PLUS forms.
- Student Financial Services personnel will share information on tuition, room, board and fees for 2014-2015.
- Community Life (Housing) personnel will brief you on rules and regulations for housing.
- Academic Affairs and the Freshman Institute personnel will discuss the fall schedule and other pertinent information to help you successfully transition to college.
- Campus Police personnel will discuss safety tips.
Please register for one of the dates listed below:
Saturday, June 7, 2014 starting at 8:00 a.m. Saturday, June 21, 2014 starting at 8:00 a.m. Saturday, July 12, 2014 starting at 8:00 a.m.
Click here to Register for a BC Tiger Prep Summer Orientation (N/A)
We look forward to seeing you at one of the Summer Orientations and in August 2014. Please call 803-705-4910 or email me at Thompsop@Benedict.edu if you have any questions. You are reminded to complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online for the fall semester and list Benedict College’s code (003420).
Phyllis L. Thompson
Director of Admissions and Student Marketing