- Student Internship Experience: Meet Environmental Engineering Major Noelle Atieno Mware (October 24, 2015)
- Meet Dayjon Gabbidon: future health physicist (August 7, 2015)
- Benedict Unveils New Science Center (April 14, 2015)
- NSSA/DOD Summer Research Institute
- Benedict College Dominates at 2011 LS-SCAMP Conference (November 17, 2011)
The School of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) is committed to producing leaders in the fields of biology, chemistry, environmental health science, computer science mathematics, physics, computer engineering, electrical engineering, environmental engineering, and transportation and engineering logistics. Students desiring careers in other engineering disciplines may choose our physics-engineering dual degree program which provides flexibility to obtain both a B.S. in physics and B.S. in another engineering area offered by one of our partner institutions.
The School of STEM provides curriculum and experiences that facilitate discovery and application of knowledge in preparation for graduate studies, professional service and significant contribution to the greater scientific community. The School is organized into three departments: Biology, Chemistry and Environmental Health Science; Mathematics and Computer Science; and Physics and Engineering.
See College Catalogue for more information, including Courses and Programs of Study.
Dr. Samir S. Raychoudhury, Dean
Ms. Fereshtah Zahed, Interim Assistant Dean
Biology, Chemistry and Environmental Health Science
Dr. Larry Lowe, Chair
Mathematics and Computer Science
Dr. Negash Begashaw, Chair
Physics and Engineering
Dr. Fouzi Arammash, Chair