The Federal Government provides individual grants of up to $5,550 per year, based on family need, for educational expenses. Application forms (the Free Application for Federal Student Aid) may be obtained through high school guidance counselors or university aid officers. Benedict College requires that all applicants for financial aid apply for all federal financial aid for which they might be eligible.

The federal Pell Grant is the largest federally funded student financial aid grant program. It serves as the foundation upon which all other undergraduate aid is awarded. Typically, it is available only to undergraduate students who have not earned a baccalaureate degree. Federal Pell Grant eligibility is determined according to federal law and is based on the financial information you and your family provided on your FASFA.

You are notified of your possible eligibility to receive a federal Pell Grant via the Student Aid Report (SAR). The financial aid office will receive this information directly from the federal processor and determine the amount of your federal Pell Grant. You should carefully review the information on your SAR and, if it is correct, keep it for your records. If you discover mistakes, follow the instructions and submit corrections as soon as possible.

If you or your family experiences a major change in your financial situation after your Pell Grant eligibility has been determined, you should notify the financial aid office immediately. A financial aid administrator will be able to determine if you qualify for an adjustment of your Pell Grant award and/or other financial aid.

For additional information on Federal Pell grants, click here.

Previous Page