Want to participate in Homecoming Parade?
The Annual Benedict College Homecoming Parade is Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 10:00am on Sumter Street in Downtown Columbia. All Departments, Campus Clubs and Organizations and the Community are encouraged to participate in the parade.
Participants may enter a float, a walking unit; a decorated car, truck, etc. Floats are available for rental through the Office of Student Activities. Floats are limited and can be selected in the Office of Student Activities. Please make checks or money order payable to Benedict College.
Detailed information on the parade is listed below:
- Parade will be held on Sumter Street in downtown Columbia
- Line-up time is 8:00am
- Directions to the line-up area from Benedict College: Drive straight out of front gate across Harden Street to the first traffic lights (Barnwell Street), make a right turn, travel to the second street (Richland Street), make a left turn on Richland Street, travel five blocks to parade line-up area.
- Parade begins at 10:00am
- Drop off station is at Sumter and Bull Streets
- Pick-up station is on Pendleton Street at Sumter Street
- Marching bands will line-up on Richland Street between Sumter and Marion Streets
- Floats will line-up in Richland between Main and Sumter Streets and on Sumter between Richland and Calhoun
- Walking units will assemble in the parking lot on the corner of Richland and Main Streets
- Cars will line-up on Richland and Sumter Streets
- Location of spots to perform: Sumter and Washington Streets (Selected Groups ONLY will perform)
- The Football game will begin at 2:00pm at the Benedict College’s Charlie W. Johnson Football Stadium - Benedict versus Clark Atlanta University
For more information, call (803) 705-4408, 705-4767or email (Student Activities Office).