Associate Professor OF Chemistry/ Chair
Biology, Chemistry and Environmental Health Science Dept.
1600 Harden Street
Columbia, SC 29204
Biology, Chemistry and Environmental Heath Science Department
School of STEM, Benedict College
1600 Harden Street
Columbia, SC 29204
Email: Tamboueh@ benedict.edu
Phone: +1 (803) 705-4740
Fax: +1 (803) 705-6633
- CHEM 248: Organic Chemistry II (Spring 2008)
- CHEM 147: Prin. Of Chemistry I (Fall 2008)
- CHEM 247: Organic Chemistry I (Fall 2008)
- CHEM 248: Organic Chemistry II (Fall 2008)
Doctorate of Philosophy Chemistry Oregon State University, Corvallis
Master of Art Chemistry University of Missouri, Columbia
Postgraduate Diploma (D.E.S.) in Chemistry University of Cameroon, Yaounde
Bachelor of Science Chemistry University of Cameroon, Yaounde
- Physical Organic Chemistry: Study of the Mechanism of Organic Reactions and the application of mathematical equations to predict reactivities and reactions rates.
- Natural Products Chemistry: Search of Active secondary metabolites from medicinal plants used in Cameroon.
- Environmental Organic Chemistry : Looking at the importance of chemicals to our daily life, their effect on the different Environments while insisting on the fact that Chemicals have to be handle with " RESPECT "
- Teaching Organic Chemistry: Search for better and more efficient Methods for communicating this very important Science to our student.
H. Tamboue, S. Fotso, B. T. Ngadjui, E. Dongo, B. M. Abegaz, " Phenolic Metabolites from the seeds of Canarium schweinfurtiii " Bull. Chem. Soc. Ethiop., 2000, 14(2), 155-159.
B. T, Ngadjui, E. Dongo, H. Tamboue, Kouam Fogue,B. M. Abegaz, " Prenylated Flavanones from the twigs of Dorstenia mannii ",Phytochemistry 1999,50, 1401-1406
B. M. Abegaz, B. T. Ngadjui. E. Dongo and H. Tamboue, "Prenylated Chalcones and Flavones from the Leaves of Dorstenia kameruniana "Phytochemistry, 1998, 49 (4), 1147-1150
B. T. Ngadjui, H. Tamboue, F. Kemeudjio, A. Tsopmo, E. Ngeufa-Happi, and F. Tilliquin, " Antraquinones and Kojic Acid from Morinda morindoides(Rubiaceae)" Sc. Tech. Dev.,1997,5(1) ,40-41
B.T. Ngandjui, E .Dongo, H. Tamboue, J.D. Connolly, F. Keumedjio, T. Kuate Tabopda, "Chemical Constituents of two Laminaceae Spicies from Cameroon" Sc. Tech. Dev., 1997 5(1), 37-39
B.T, Ngadjui, H. Tamboue, J F, Ayafor and J.D. Connolly, "Thomandersine and Isothomandersine, 2-Indolinone Alkaloids from Thomandersia laurifolia."Phytochemistry, 1995, 39(5), 1249-1251
B.T. Ngadjui,J.D, Connolly, H .Tamboue, A. Tsopmo, J.F.Ayafor " Hosloppin, a new pyrone-substituted flavonoid from Hoslunda opposite",Journal of Natural Products,1995,58 (1),109-111
H.S.Tamboue, E.D. Tamboue and M. Leno. "Cadmium Content of Cameroonian Cigarettes: Comparison With Other Foreign Brands Sold in Cameroon." Bull. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. 1991, 47:138-145.
Tamboue Soppe M.H., Akam M.T., Sondengam B.L. and Tendongmeza F.A. "An Improved Reduction of Activated Olefins with Zinc-Copper Couple". Ann.Fac.Sc.H.S.I. Chimie-Sciences de la Terre 1993 pp 146-149
G. J. Gleicher ,C. J. Spurgeon, Belaid Mahiou, H. Soppe-Mbang, B. Bozlee and S. A. Minchin.
'The Reaction of Iodomethylarenes with Triphenyltin Radical. Use of Molecular Orbital Modeling to Evaluate the Rate Determining Step." Journal of Molecular Structure (Theochem), 1988, 163,239-248
H. Soppe-Mbang and G. J. Gleicher."Molecular Orbital Correlations of Chlorine Atom Abstraction from Heteroarylmethyl chlorides by Triphenyltin Radical., J.Am.Chem, Soc., 1981, 103, 14:4100-4104
H. Soppe-Mbang andG. J. Gleicher. "Molecular Orbital Correlation of Arylmethyl chloride Atom Abstraction by Stannyl Radicals., Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, 1980, 186, 1-6