Veteran and Eligible Dependents of Veterans (Student Information)
The Office of the Registrar and Student Records offers assistance to veteran and eligible dependents of veterans by providing information on college programs and applications for educational benefits. The office certifies enrollment, transmits attendance records, degree requirements and other information concerning enrolled veterans and eligible dependents of veterans at Benedict College to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
How to get VA Benefits Started
New and Continuing Students:
- Complete the application (Form 22-1990 for veterans and Form 22-5490 for dependents of veterans) by visiting the Department of Veteran Affairs website at http://www.gibill.va.gov/. This information generates a Certificate of Eligibility.
- Submit your Certificate of Eligibility to the Office of the Registrar immediately once received from the VA and a copy of your DD214 (when applicable).
- A completed copy of your class schedule each semester with the “admit to class” stamp is needed for continued certification.
Please note: It can take 6 to 8 weeks for the Department of Veterans Affairs to process your application. Therefore, we suggest submitting your application (Form 22-1990 for veterans and Form 22-5490 for dependents of veterans) for benefits to the VA at least 8 weeks prior to enrollment.
Veteran and Eligible Dependents of Veterans (Student Responsibilities)
As a veteran or eligible dependent of a veteran at Benedict College it is your responsibility to immediately notify the Office of the Registrar and Student Records of the following:
- Change in credit hours (add/drop courses)
- Withdrawal from the college
- Change of major or catalogue
- Change of personal information (ie. chapter, address or phone number)
Department of Veterans Affairs Regional Office
For questions concerning benefit eligibility and payments please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs Regional Office directly at 1-800-827-1000.
For additional questions pertaining to VA Affairs, please contact Ms. Wanda Scott Kinney (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (803) 705-4787.