The Office of Foundation Relations is the central office for fundraising from private foundations. As a department in the Division of Institutional Advancement, the Office of Foundation Relations provides coordination, proposal writing, and prospect research assistance to private foundations for faculty and department heads.
The Office of Foundation Relations is poised to assist faculty and staff in soliciting grant funds from private foundations for offsetting the cost of satisfying College needs.
The Office is equipped to:
- Provide research information on likely funding sources;
- Assist with matching College needs with private foundation interest;
- Assist with deciphering foundation guidelines;
- Assist with drafting LOIs (Letters of Intent), proposal development, and specific historical and statistical data on the College and our students; and
- Provide editing and proofing.
Before making contact with a potential private foundation, faculty and staff should consult with the Office of Foundation Relations.
Contact Mrs. Doris W. Johnson, Assistant Vice President for Institutional Advancement, at extension 4536 or Mrs. Walletta M. Johnson, Director of Prospect Research, at extension 4606.