The functions of the Reference Department (part of the Access/Research Services Department) in working with library users are:
- To provide answers to specific research questions using reference sources (PDF), etc.
- To give personal guidance in the use of the online catalog, bibliographies, abstracts and indexes.
- To consult about research papers, theses, etc.
- To give formal instruction in the use of library services and resources.
- To supplement individual and class instruction by the preparation of bibliographies and guides to the collections, types of materials, or ways of locating materials.
The Reference Department, also, includes the Government Documents Depository and the Vertical File Index.
Bibliographies (List of Resources in Benedict College Library)
To browse the main collection to find books by major/discipline, use the LC Classification Scheme.
See also ERC (The Electronic Reference Center), Special Collections, Information Literacy, Interlibrary Loan and Other Services.
If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your PC to read PDF documents, click on the following image to download it free to read the above documents.