The School of Honors at Benedict College takes pride in its commitment to providing opportunities for honors scholars to study, conduct research, and exchange ideas in a challenging and supportive academic environment. The program pursues these goals by:
- Providing opportunities for honors scholars to engage in challenging academic experiences through stimulating discussions, critical thinking, free inquiry, and investigation;
- Supporting and encouraging strong leadership skills and encouraging and promoting active student involvement in the local, national, and international community as well;
- Insuring continual development and refinement of communication and research skills; Providing opportunities for scholarly publications and presentations;
- Providing opportunities for honors scholars to receive recognition for superior academic achievement; Providing opportunities for local, national, and international studies and experiences;
- Encouraging and motivating honors scholars to continue their academic pursuits in graduate and professional schools;
- Maintaining a supportive and encouraging academic environment conducive to rigorous research, effective teaching, and meaningful community service.