"Cultivating Enrichment and Achievement through a Community of Scholars "
- Benedict College School of Honors Wins First Place at 2013 National Association of African American Honors Programs Conference (November 4, 2013)
- Twenty-one Benedict Scholars Are Inducted Into The National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS) (September 10, 2012)
- Alpha Chi National College Honor Society Inducts Fourteen Benedict College Scholars (May 7, 2012)
- Letter to Prospective Honors Scholars
- Benedict College School of Honors Wins First Place at 2011 National Association of African American Honors Programs Conference (November 17, 2011)
In 1986, Benedict College established an Honors Program that became the Benedict College School of Honors in 2001.From its inception, the program was designed to establish a required curriculum increasing the rigor, challenge, and stimulation for Honors Scholars. The School creates a living and learning environment that centralizes Honors Scholars and other high achieving students with the goal of impacting the intellectualization of the entire campus and community.
The School of Honors seeks to meet twenty-first century challenges facing the College, the local community, the State, the Nation, and the World. The School of Honors' mission is to enhance intellectual, cultural, social, spiritual, global, and career opportunities for highly selected, motivated, enthusiastic and critically inquisitive students. The School of Honors attempts to achieve its mission by providing exceptional stimulation and challenges to the participants, thus expanding their global horizons and academic expectations.
Honors scholars are expected to study, conduct research, and participate in academically challenging experiences, domestic and international. The distinguished Honors faculty from each academic department design all Honors courses to include a program of study that is writing and research intensified, technologically enhanced, and internationally focused.
Dr. Warren Robinson, Dean
Ms. Laura E. Postell, Administrative Assistant