Students majoring in Mathematics are expected to develop and demonstrate
- proficiency in quantitative skills;
- ability to communicate in the language of mathematics which includes the use of mathematical terminology and symbolic representations;
- ability to analyze mathematical models and derive logical solutions;
- confident familiarity with mathematical concepts and methods that are needed in the areas of computer science and the physical sciences; and
- requisite knowledge in mathematics to pursue further studies in the discipline.
See College Catalogue for Courses and Programs of Study plus more information.