The following procedures have been developed to ensure selection and retention of qualified students in the program:
- Entering students must complete a minimum of 60 semester hours of Core Courses in General Education prior to graduation
- A contract in the major must be approve by the advisor, student and Sport Management program coordinator
- A core course major of a minimum of "66" credit hours is required to complete the sport management program
- Students must have a grade of "C" or better in the following Sport Management courses at the end of the sophomore year:
- SM 110 Sport Management Seminar
- SM 230 Introduction to Sport Management
- BA 130 Introduction to Business
- Submit and receive approval signatures for the Student Contract for Declaration of the Academic Major/Minor, as well as follow additional college procedure
- Students must have a minimum cumulative academic average of 2.50 GPA within the major, with at least a "c" in each major course
*Required Satisfactory Progress Reviews toward graduation.
A required audit of student progress toward graduation is mandatory in the following courses:
SM 230 of the sophomore year
SM 331 of the junior year.
SM 433 in the senior year, prior to the internship.
These represent benchmarks toward graduation.