The Office of Special Student Services assists students with developing their abilities to make wise decisions and encourages students to take advantage of opportunities that are available to enrich and enhance their lives.
The staff of Special Student Services provides educational assistance for disabled and special needs students, and arranges the following services for eligible students as requested:
- Provide a note-taker in the classroom.
- Provide reader services.
Facilitate access to equipment that is available in the Library:
- Talking Book Service
- 20/20 Plus Optalec Machine (Magnifies Print)
- Computers and Printers
- Make available use of telephone and fax machine for offical business.
- Administer tests for faculty, as requested.
- Make student referrals to agencies providing scholarships or other financial assistance.
- Work closely with faculty to have students' needs accommodated.
- Provide Peer Tutoring.
- Provide tape recorders, tapes, and talking calculators.
- Make referrals to students for internships and summer employment.
- Make referrals to students for Vocational Rehabilitation Services.
- Serve as a Work-study and Service-Learning site.