Band Participation Audition Standards:
- Complete and mail membership application (see left menu) with your high school band director's signature.
- Graduate with a Grade point average of at least 2.00 (C average or better).
- Chromatic Scale: Practical range of the instrument.
- Major Scales: C, F, G, Bb, D, Eb, A, Ab, E, B, Db, Gb.
- Prepared Material: etude (Study) and/or Solo Grade 4 or higher.
- Sight-reading (provided by the Director of Bands).
- All scales must encompass the practical range of the instrument.
- Scholarships are competitive. The initial amount of the scholarship is determined by the student's audition level and the instrumentation needs of the band program.
- All 26 American Standard Rudiments (Percussion players only).
To set up an audition please contact the Director of Bands at this number (803) 705-4323 or 4711 or e-mail.
Herman Jones, Jr., Director of Bands
1600 Harden St.
Columbia, South Carolina 29204