Always Act and Think Responsibly
Each member of this organization will:
- Be punctual, attend and participate fully in regularly scheduled rehearsals and performances;
- Learn all assigned repertoire as scheduled bi-weekly, through independent studio practice, group studio practice, sectional rehearsal and independent listening;
- Cooperate fully with the director and her designee(s) in both preparation and performance;
- Maintain and bring to all scheduled rehearsals a current repertoire folder (black), pencils and calendar;
Properly care for all music materials, attire and equipment;
- Please launder with care
- Smoking is prohibited while wearing uniform
- Maintain the highest degree of professional decorum as a choir member and emissary of the college, both on and off campus;
- Attend a minimum of one live or two recorded choral performances in which he/she is not a participant and present a written critique;
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA or better in order to travel with the ensemble;
- Leave food, gum and beverages (with the exception of bottled water) outside of all rehearsal areas;
- Perform wearing appropriate (properly laundered and presentable) attire, excluding earrings, necklaces, and bracelets for men and dangling earrings, necklaces, bracelets and headdress for women.
- Refrain from spraying cologne, perfume, air-freshener and hairspray into enclosed areas while rehearsing, traveling, or performing with the ensemble, as it may cause individual sinus problems or allergic reactions.
(See also BC Catalogue and BC Handbook)
Infractions upon these expectations will result in fines, performance probation or dismissal.
As Always, "No Excuses Given, No Excuses Accepted"
- Rehearsal begins promptly at 2:00 p.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Please be Punctual.
- Please be mindful that concerts/tours are swiftly approaching and time set forth for rehearsal is very precious. Therefore, it is crucial that each member conducts him/herself in a manner conducive to rehearsal productivity. Members not meeting this expectation will not travel or perform with the choir.
- Please turn off cell phones, pagers, and other electronic devices during rehearsal.
- Three tardies are considered one absence.
- Two unexcused absences will result in performance probation. Three unexcused absences result in cancellation of scholarship or withdrawal from the course.
- Unattended performances/rehearsals will result in performance probation unless a written excuse is provided at least two weeks in advance.
The following actions may result in receiving a fine:
- Excessive talking during a performance/rehearsal
- Blatant disrespect towards the director, designated appointees, any choir officer or choir member
- Chewing gum or candy during a performance/rehearsal
- Bringing food or liquids (other than bottled water) into the choir room
- Late return of attire
- Officers not attending scheduled meetings without valid excuses
- Not turning in music within the specified time
Lost or damaged music = $15.00
Officer Fine = $5.00
Member Fine = $2.00
All fines must be paid to the treasurer one-week prior to travel with the choir. Otherwise, travel is prohibited
Stipulations subject to adjustment per decision of director and/or executive board.