To be the best in supplying quality law enforcement services through protection, commitment, professionalism, and active cooperation with the community and respect for humanity.
The department is liable for providing a safe and secure environment for students, faculty, staff and other citizens who visit the campus and satellite properties. The officers are professional and courteous while addressing the law enforcement and security needs of the Benedict College community.
The department is responsible for parking regulations on campus and publishes a parking manual annually for students, faculty and staff at Benedict College. The manual thoroughly outlines the regulations designed to accommodate and assist as many persons as possible with limited parking on campus.
- Emergency Response Handbook (PDF format)
- A Rights-to-Know booklet and a Personal Safety Tips booklet are published annually. Both publications are available to students, faculty and staff.
Lost & Found
The BC Campus Police Department is the central repository for items found on campus. If you have lost an item on-campus, please stop by the Headquarters at 2400 Haskell Avenue, or call (803) 253-5400 or 705-4514 to inquire about said item(s).
The Campus Police Department is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for Benedict College students, faculty, staff and other citizens who visit our campus and to provide professional, courteous service addressing the law enforcement and security needs of the Benedict College community.
- Ten Safety Tips for Travel
- SLED (South Carolina Law Enforcement Division) ... incl. Sex Offender Registry
- SCDOT Traffic Cameras (South Carolina Department of Transportation)